Additional places to get help in Renfrew County
Click on each resource on the left to show details on the right.
If you cannot find what you are looking for here call 211 (it’s a free call)
– Ontario Helpline For Social Service Info – 211Ontario.ca
- COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH - PEMBROKE REGIONAL HOSPITAL
- FAMILY ANF CHILDREN SERVICES OF RENFREW COUNTY
- PHOENIX CENTRE FOR CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
- YOUTH REX
- MACKAY MANOR INCORPORATED
- Addiction Services
- Bernadette McCann House for Woman
- Columbus House
- Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre
- Women’s Sexual Assault Centre
- Christian Counselling Ottawa
- Royal Ottawa Health Care Group
- PARENT LIFELINE EASTERN ONTARIO (PLEO)
- Various Mental Health Support Services
Services Renfrew County residents with mental health illness including those suffering from chronic long term psychiatric illness. For individuals 16 and older diagnosed with a mental illness.
Children’s mental health centre providing no cost services at various locations throughout the County. For children 0-18 years and their families.
613-725-2374 / 1-800-465-1870 / Crisis Line: 1-877-377-7775
YouthREX promotes the integration of research evidence and evaluation in the development and deliver of Ontario’s youth programs.
- Knowledge mobilization
- Capacity building
- Customized Evaluation Supoprt
Mackay Manor Incorporated provides a holistic treatment plan designed with the clients unique needs in mind
- Confidential support and counselling
- Support Groups
- Individual counselling
- Physical fitness and skills of daily living
- Community service opportunities
- Short and long-term goal setting
- Addiction Treatment Services- 1-800-265-0197 Assessment, Counselling and Treatment plan
- Pathways- 1-888-241-1135 Outpatient addiction treatment for those 16 years and older and families
- Mackay Manor- 1-877-819-4181 Addiction supportive housing program for males
613-735-5551 OR 1-800-461-9018
Crisis Line: 1-800-663-3060
Community based sexual violence centre. –Public education – Lending library- Peer support – Family members support – Connection to resources. Services at no cost.
The Royal combines the delivery of specialized mental health care, advocacy, research and education to transform the lives of people with complex and treatment-resistant mental illness.
Parents’ Lifelines is a non-profit family support organization for parents and caregivers whose children to age 24 are dealing with mental health and/or addiction challenges. We are staffed with parents who also have supported their own children with these challenges – we have travelled this journey. We understand the challenges and the stresses on families but we also know there is hope, recovery is possible and we know first hand that parents and caregivers play a significant role. Children and youth with good family support have better outcomes. Families also need support to be the supporters and advocates their childrens need. You have arrived at the right place to get that support and to learn more about navigating the mental health and addictions systems. Please explore this website to understand the services we can provide. You don’t need to feel alone.
- You may have coverage through your employer
- Schools have many support services youth
- There are many private mental health professionals in the County- please see phone book and internet
1. Addiction Treatment Services
Assessment, counselling and treatment planning
Outpatient addiction treatment for those 16 years and older and families
3. Mackay Manor
Addiction supportive housing program for males
4. Bernadette McCann House for Women
16 bed short-term crisis intervention shelter for abused women and their children
613-732-7776 / 1-800-267-4930 / Crisis Line: 1-800-267-4930
5. Columbus House – Residential and day programs for youth ages 15-21 enrolled in full-time educational programs
Girls Residence: 613-732-8977 /
Boys Residence: 613-732-2791
6. Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre – Support services for military children and adults.
Various programs offered to the civilian community.
613-687-7587 / 1-800-866-4546 / Crisis Line 613-687-2104 ext 224
7. Women’s Sexual Assault Centre – Community based sexual violence centre. Public education, Lending library, Peer Support, Family member support, Connection to services, all at no cost
613-735-5551 / 1-800-461-9018 / Crisis Line: 1-800-663-3060
VARIOUS MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT SERVICES
- You may have coverage through your employer
- Schools have many support services for youth
- There are many private mental health professionals in the County
- All listed in the phone book or on the internet
- Renfrew County Legal Clinic – Legal Aid Ontario
- Programs for low income people who need legal assistance
- 1-800-627-5871 – CPP, Criminal Injuries, Fired, ODSP, OW, WSIB, Debtod & Creditor, Human Rights, Landlord & Tenants
- 1-800-668-8258 – Domestic Violence, Criminal, Youth Criminal, Family Law, Immigration/Refugee, Civil, Out of Province